Wednesday, December 12, 2007

80 degrees? seriously?

this weather is teasing me.

as much as I want to enjoy it, I hate it.

For those who know me well, you know I'm a seasonal dresser: I don't wear bright colors in the fall, wouldn't be caught dead in white after Labor Day, and certainly don't believe in wearing flip flops even if it's 100 degrees in December. It's still December.
Besides that, I took all my summer clothes home finally about a month ago. Albeit, it is hot and I have just about nothing to wear except some plain tshirts and...that's really about it. Today I did give in and put on my beloved Rainbows. I've been packing and packing and moving and moving all day. And I'm still not quite through. I planned to move to my new room today, but I don't have my key to my new room because the girl, (who has MOVED her stuff) hasn't chosen to turn in her key...which technically isn't due until Sunday and which technically Adrianne refuses to wait for. So my stuff is sitting in "storage" which is really just a game room one of the upper levels with the windows blacked out. Sounds shady, I know.

Okay, but back to the weather.

It's so warm. It makes me miss summer time, which seems so long ago. I miss driving around in my Hondie with no shoes on and the windows down. Although I think driving without shoes on is against the law,but who'd ever know? But besides that, I miss getting late night ice cream because it's still hot outside and being outside on a clear night and being hot and humid! I've realized I really like the outdoors, only when it's night time tho. You know...the moon and stars rather than itchy grass and ants and ladybugs and shit. Hopefully this warm weather is only temporary. It's Christmas, it's supposed to be cold. But truthfully..."God didn't do this...we did this!" Global warming is making our earth hotter and hotter. The quote's from Will in "I Am Legend" which I saw last night. Interesting movie, just go see it yourself.

This is probably my last post before I head home. I promise to keep up and not pull another Thanksgiving abandonment...or fall break.

back to packing. ciao.

No comments: