Monday, December 3, 2007

season

I really can't believe that I'm about to finish my first semester in college. I've probably said this so many times to people around me, but it really amazes me. Days here have been different, some of them too much the same...but they all have made a significant impact on me.
I see myself growing and changing everyday. I think my friends would definetly be amazed. I think I'm alot different then the Adrianne that started classes on August 20th. There are some new habits that I've adopted that I don't like (which I'm working on) but I there are also things that I think have made me a better person. I guess you can't describe the changes you've made or seen in yourself, so I guess you'll just have to take notice next time I'm around.
People always say, "Adrianne, I always see you with your iPod and your shades and you look like you are in a rush." This may be true at times, but I am aware. I'm looking, I'm listening and I'm definetly seeing. It may look like I'm shutting out the world, which sometimes I wish I could do, but I'm fully cognizant of what's going on. Unfortunately, I see things that will never change, as much as I put or want to put my heart into it, and I'm aware of things that are moving faster than I can keep up with.
In this first semester, I've realized how important it is to keep in contact with the people and things at home or close that have helped you, or just make you happy. I've definetly lost some friends since I've left for school, but I've gained a great new friend, and have gotten immensely more close with another. This sounds gross but...You know that feeling when you have to go to the bathroom all day and you don't want to use any bathroom except yours, but when you finally get there and get it done you feel 100x better? Talking to my friends is pretty much like that. Everything can be going wrong in my day, but getting a call from my best friend just makes me feel like everything is okay and I can just exhale. I miss them so much. They'll probably never comprehend or understand. Sorry for the gruesome description.

Nevertheless, this semester has forced me to finally make some impereative for decisions for myself. Some are hard, others not so hard. But the ending result, is always trying to do my best and doing what Adrianne needs to make Adrianne happy.

No comments: